Sadly, cleaning fairies do not exist. So as the ever popular “your mother doesn’t work here” meme suggests, employees need to clean up after themselves, especially in the kitchen.
Left unattended, the kitchen in any office can get unsightly and unsanitary, leaving employees frustrated. The only way to eliminate the situation is with a little common courtesy and a few office kitchen rules:
1. Wash and dry dishes after using them.
2. If you spill something, wipe it up.
3. Always cover food in the microwave to avoid splatters.
4. If you use the last of something, replace it.
5. Don’t leave food in the fridge indefinitely.
6. If you see rotten food in the fridge, throw it out or notify the owner.
7. If you drink coffee, contribute to the coffee area upkeep.
8. Store your food properly.
If left unattended, the office kitchen can house a variety of germs. When staff members work together to keep the chaos to a minimum, it lowers the risk of spreading germs and prevents discord among coworkers over something manageable. Of course even the tidiest of workspaces require a more thorough cleaning periodically. For that, rely on the janitorial expertise of SFM Services. We can provide daily, weekly or monthly cleaning for your office kitchen, as well as the rest of your facility.