When it comes to landscape design, the biggest misconception is that all you need is a detailed drawing and various plants. In truth, whenever you design a space, you need to take into consideration what you don’t see. You wouldn’t locate a bathroom without taking your home’s structure, plumbing, and electrical into consideration. So, you shouldn’t design an outdoor space without considering its surroundings.
A design plan needs to consider a variety of factors. For example:
- Are there any trees too close to a window? Am I giving intruders easy access to the building?
- Are there power lines, gas lines, or sewer lines I need to consider before I start digging?
- Will my landscaping block access to doors, windows, and parking spots when it’s mature?
Working with a professional landscaping team will help you achieve the best results and avoid mistakes and delays. Professional landscapers:
- Know how to coordinate permits
- Know about erosion problems and soil conditions
- Have the skillset to work around all that’s hiding underground
- Know what materials will work best with your project
Mistakes are inevitable in life and business. But some mistakes are avoidable, especially when it comes to landscape design. SFM Landscape is committed to being a preferred landscaping resource. Our highly trained team has years of experience keeping thousands of acres of South Florida landscaping looking pristine all year long.