You’d be hard-pressed to find an industry that hasn’t been impacted by the vast developments in technology. The security service industry certainly has.
These days, technology is an essential part of the security world, and today’s officers must be able to use, monitor and interpret various high-tech tools.
The central focus of the security industry has been, and will continue to be, the protection of people and property. Technology hasn’t changed that. What has changed are the tools security guards now have at their disposal. Here’s a look at the type of tools private security officers are using, and how they’ve changed their daily routines.
- Wireless mobile devices allow officers to communicate in real-time.
- Smart device apps allow officers to perform multiple functions, including tracking clients and writing reports.
- Surveillance drones give officers a bird’s eye view of an assigned area.
- The internet of things (IoT) allows officers to transfer data over a network without requiring human-to-human or human-to-computer interaction.
- High-definition panoramic (360-degree) video cameras with high-quality, built-in audio provide officers with case documentation, and often serve as crime deterrents.
As with every industry, technology is changing the way security professionals work. At SFM Security, we’re using technology to help us work more efficiently and effectively.