As the seasons change, so should your landscaping practices. Fall, for example, is a great time to prepare your landscaping for the winter and the following spring.
Here are some tips to get you started:
- Aerate: Aeration alleviates soil compaction, and allows air, water and nutrients to penetrate the grass roots. The process helps the roots grow deeper and produce a more vigorous lawn.
- Weed: Weeds start popping up in late summer, making them easier to see and pull up this time of year. Plus, killing weeds will translate into a healthier lawn in the spring.
- Fertilize: Fertilizing now helps reduce the stress the grass has endured during the summer months, and promotes early spring growth.
- Plant: Fall is a great time to plant new trees and shrubs. The more pliable soil gives the plants a better opportunity to take root.
- Decorate: With the holidays around the corner, now’s the time to start planning your holiday landscaping decorations.
Landscaping is an important part of your commercial property. The SFM Landscaping crew is fully equipped and prepared to help transition your commercial landscaping from the summer’s sweltering heat to the cooler days of fall.