According to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), conditions are ripe for a stressful Atlantic hurricane season. For businesses, many of which are still dealing with the ramifications of the ongoing pandemic, an active hurricane season could prove to be quite a challenge.
The good news is that hurricanes are foreseeable events, and organizations can take several proactive steps to prepare. But with many retailers still experiences shortages of essential items, a wait-and-see attitude is out of the question. Follow this outline to get ready to face another enhanced hurricane season.
- Back up your data.
- Relocate important data and documents to an off-site location.
- Relocate or secure valuable office equipment.
- Remove all branches or trees close enough to your building to pose a threat.
- Test your generators.
- Stock up on three days of non-perishable food and water for all employees that need to remain on-site.
- Make sure you have enough cleaning supplies and necessary hand tools.
- Check your battery and flashlight supply.
- Have extra propane and gasoline containers on hand.
- Locate cash, ATM cards, credit cards, and ID cards.
- Review your security plan.
It’s critical to determine whether you’ll need to adjust your company’s usual hurricane response plan because of the pandemic. Having a list of essential tasks can keep you organized before the storm and help you restore your facilities and systems after the fact.
Should the worst happen, you can count on SFM Services to be ready and able to help with disaster recovery. We have the ability to mobilize quickly after disaster strikes. You’ll be prepared for anything with SFM on your side.