Spring Cleaning can take on a different meaning for different people. For some, it’s the act of doing a thorough cleaning of their home or office. For others, the term can be used as a metaphor for organizing and reevaluating their lives and businesses.
If the safety and security standards of your commercial property are something you need to reassess, here are specific measures you can take to improve the security of your office building, and, in the process, also protect your property, staff, and clients.
- Security Cameras. A closed-circuit TV system is one of the most effective enhanced security measures.
- Key Control. Limit the number of master keys given out. Missing keys compromise the security of the building.
- Upgrade your entry system. For businesses with numerous employees, switching to an electronic entry system with PIN pads or key cards is a better alternative.
- Replace doors. If your building has wooden doors, either at the main entrance, the roof, or other access points, look into replacing them with solid core steel or fiberglass doors.
- Maintain the property. Overgrown bushes and trees create hiding places for would-be vandals and burglars. Keeping the landscaping trim, tidy, and well-lit makes the property look attractive and serves as a deterrent.
Don’t wait for something to happen before you take the necessary steps to keep your property secure, and your staff and clients feeling safe. Be proactive instead of reactive. Contact the professionals at SFM Security today.