Landscaping is not often top of mind for busy business owners. Some leave grounds untended and hope for the best. Others hire someone to cut the grass and neglect other important aspects of curb appeal. And a few, under the guise of “team building,” ask employees to work together in a periodic “clean-up” or “beautification” event.
Entrusting the landscaping at your facility to untrained employees might not be the best decision. A beautifully landscaped property adds curb appeal and value, but achieving that look can be a challenge for people without the appropriate skill set.
There’s a complex knowledge of trees, plants, and pesticides that goes along with designing and organizing landscaping. Without that knowledge people are likely to make mistakes like:
- putting plants in a spot where they might not flourish or could quickly die
- using the wrong type of fertilizers and pesticides that can actually harm or kill the grass and plants
- pruning a bush in a way that could permanently damage the plant
- planting invasive plants that can create devastating changes to the landscape and ecosystem
- overfeeding or underfeeding the lawn
The key to long-term success is having a good understanding of what plants need and what they don’t, and the time to dedicate to them. Let the SFM Landscaping team take on the responsibility. Your employees and visitors will thank you.