In the wake of the mass shooting in Parkland, the need for innovative ways to stay safe and protect those around us has become crucial. From disgruntled employees and estranged spouses to unlawful entry and vandalism, commercial businesses can be targets for a host of situations.
Here’s how to reduce your risk and target potential:
Conduct A Prevention Assessment – A comprehensive assessment of your security needs, conducted by a security specialist, is the first step toward an effective security program.
Take Active Precautions – Once your security team provides you with a complete risk assessment, put procedures into place. Here are some suggestions we often recommend to increase security:
- Have all employees follow a strict controlled access system.
- Install key-card access systems at all entry points.
- Install perimeter control security with closed circuit monitoring devices.
- Develop a crisis communication system among key personnel.
- Post a security guard at the main entrance of the building.
- Train employees for a worst-case scenario situation. Active shooter training seminars, like the ones we offer, provide valuable tools and techniques, and help make employees aware and better prepared.
If you’d like more information about steps to take to secure your employees and property, SFM Security is always available. Our goal is to provide the best protection for each of our clients’ employees and visitors.