Choosing the right security team for your commercial property is an important decision. Entrusting the safety and security of your employees and property to another company is an awesome responsibility, one that should be made only after you’ve done your due diligence.
Here are some points to consider when trying to select the right security provider for your organization.
- How long have they been in business in the area? Knowing how long the company has been in business and operating in your city is an important consideration. Companies should be able to demonstrate a track record of success and show a familiarity with the area.
- What is the company’s reputation? Social media makes it very easy to determine a company’s reputation. Looking at ratings, reviews, and comments on sites like Yelp, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter will give you an idea about the company’s attitude and culture.
- What’s the background of their security staff? The best security companies don’t just hire anyone, they recruit veterans, former military, or other individuals with a criminal justice background.
- How well-trained is the staff? The training process is critical to your overall decision. Without a well-trained team, you run the risk of guards who are ill-prepared to handle emergency situations.
- What does the service cost, and what does it cover? Cost is an important factor for almost anything. When it comes to security, though, it shouldn’t be the deciding factor. Choose a company that views your relationship as a true partnership and is willing to provide support beyond the scope of your agreement.
Choosing the right company is just the first step. At SFM Security, we make it a habit to make our managers and supervisors available to all of our clients to review security operations and ensure the measures put in place are meeting your needs. If you’ve been contemplating contracting a security service, contact us today to get started.