The holidays are right around the corner. With the decorations and the gatherings and the excitement in the air, this is such a fun and delightful time of year. Of course, nothing can ruin a season more than a trip to the ER or the police station. Here are a few tips to keep you and your staff safe this holiday season.
- Install decorations at least 10 feet from power lines and a safe distance away from flammable items.
- Outdoor lights and decorations should be plugged into ground-fault circuit interrupters (GFCIs) to reduce the risk of electric shock.
- Ensure the landscaping crew secures lights, decorations, and electrical cords in a way that prevents wind damage but doesn’t damage wires or insulation.
- Ensure your cleaning crew turns off all lights and electrical decorations before leaving your office.
- To prevent trips, falls, and accidental disposal, set up a box discarding station and communicate its location with your cleaning crew.
- If you’re hosting a holiday celebration in your office, hire a security team to keep the building secure and give your staff peace of mind.
Let this year’s holiday season be about fun and festivities, and turn to SFM Services for all the logistical matters